Subject: Re: Linux vs. Windows uptime: NetBSD wins!
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@xs4all.nl>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 08/09/2007 14:12:59
--MfFXiAuoTsnnDAfZ

On Thu, Aug 09, 2007 at 02:01:20PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, Peter Bex wrote:
> > Read this in my RSS reader today, thought it would make for nice advoca=
cy:
> > http://beranger.org/index.php?page=3Ddiary&2007/08/09/10/18/35-suprise-=
a-new-definition-for-irr
>=20
> Old news, the underlying data is from end of april.
> http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/blog.html/nb_20070501_0319.html
> :-)

Dammit, I knew this data somehow looked familiar!  I searched this mailingl=
ist
for it, but forgot to check your site :)

> What I wonder how that goes with the data at=20
> http://news.netcraft.com/archives/2007/08/01/iweb_technologies_is_most_re=
liable_hosting_company_in_july_2007.html=20

This is about web hosting providers.  Perhaps the monitoring for the other
site includes a big amount of companies who do their own hosting?

> Does mon.itor.us monitor machines that netcraft doesn't, or vice versa?

Perhaps it uses a different OS detection algorithm?
Also, I believe mon.itor.us only monitors sites that signed up with them,
so this isn't a web server OS survey but a "people who are concerned about
uptimes's web server OS" survey. :)

Peter
--=20
http://sjamaan.ath.cx