Subject: Re: BSD Mall merging with FreeBSD Mall
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Matt Olander <matt@ixsystems.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 06/06/2007 14:12:42
On Wednesday 06 June 2007 2:04 pm, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jun 2007, Matt Olander wrote to FreeBSD announce:
> > FreeBSD Mall (via iXsystems) has merged with BSD Mall. =A0Over the next
> > month the BSDMall.com website will be transitioned to FreeBSDMall.com,
> > after which time FreeBSD Mall will take over order fulfillment for all
> > products. =A0As a result of this joining of forces, existing customers =
can
> > expect faster shipping, better selection, and more BSD community suppor=
t.

> > We've also got several new t-shirts up at FreeBSDMall.com that you may
> > have seen at BSDCan or floating around on the web, including a FreeBSD
> > Jails shirt, an artistic take on the new logo, and the current FreeBSD
> > logo on black. =A0Expect additional new products up on the FreeBSDMall.=
com
> > site over the next few months, including posters and more t-shirts. =A0=
The
> > FreeBSD Mall will also soon be offering AMD64 versions of FreeBSD as
> > well.
> >
> > We've setup a suggestions (at) freebsdmall.com alias and will follow up
> > with a submission form on the website. We'd love to hear the community's
> > ideas for products and shirts or ways FreeBSD Mall can better serve the
> > community.
> >
> > best,
> > -matt
>
> Hi Matt!
>
> I hope you don't mind I copy your announcement above to the NetBSD
> advocacy list.
>
> Having your company run the BSDMall.com company sounds great. (And as many
> shoppers will say: much needed!)
>
> My question is: Since BSDmall currently sells NetBSD and OpenBSD products,
> when the site is transitioned to FreeBSDMall.com will you continue to
> offer non-FreeBSD products?

Hi Jeremy,

Yes! Absolutely, we will. In fact, I'll be emailing the NetBSD Foundation f=
or=20
ideas on how the Mall can better assist the community. iX will be making su=
re=20
that a signifigant portion of proceeds are getting returned back to the=20
=46oundation.

> (Also can you contact me off-list about how you can resell my BSD books?)

Will do :-)

> p.s. By the way, at one time, I had a login to BSDMall's Yahoo store
> interface.

mwhahaha, and you just might again once it's in Interchange :-P

best,
=2Dmatt

=2D-=20
Matt Olander
CTO, iXsystems - "Servers for Open Source" =A0http://www.iXsystems.com
Public Relations, The FreeBSD Project =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 http://www.FreeBSD.org
BSD on the Desktop! =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=
 http://www.pcbsd.org
Phone: (408)943-4100 ext. 113 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Fax: =
(408)943-4101=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0=20
=46ax: (408)943-4101