Subject: Re: Lack of info on ISO
To: Tim Rightnour <root@garbled.net>
From: Evaldo Gardenali <evaldo@gardenali.biz>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/21/2007 13:23:26
Hi

Tim Rightnour escreveu:

> Like a "Get NetBSD Now" button on the front page, which takes you to our how to
> get netbsd page, but, at the top of that page, we have one of those little
> dropdown select-from-multiple choices box things (or a few) so you could pick
> 4.0, i386, USA Mirror, and it kicks off an ftp of an iso.

drop-down sucks when you have more than 10 alternatives, when you need
to scroll through the dropdown list to find what you need, and makes it
harder to explain each item. Besides, NetBSD goes for compatibility, and
even though lynx, links and elinks support dropdown things, its a mess
on 80x25 screens when you have many items (like architecture)

Why is navigating so much harder than choosing from the dropdown? its
the same set of choices anyways...

Evaldo