Subject: Re: netbsd flag -- similarity to hindu religious symbol?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/01/2007 22:16:46
On 2/27/07, Jeff Rollin <jeff.rollin@gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh dear. I thought (one of) the points of using the flag was to avoid
> religious symbolism?

That "flag" is a generic banner outline that most likely has been used
in countless applications over countless years. The fact that one of
those countless applications is a religious one does not all of sudden
render "possession" of that outline to that religion.

Tell the grad student intern that he's not being paid to think about
such things. Hopefullly he's not being paid at all.

--
No no no, my fish's name is Eric, Eric the fish. He's an halibut. I am
not a looney! Why should I be tarred with the epithet looney merely