Subject: NetBSD at SCALE 5x
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/11/2007 22:10:46
For the third year in a row, we had a NetBSD booth at the Southern
California Linux Expo (SCALE 5x).  It was a great time, with all sorts
of interesting folks stopping by the booth to chat, and check out the
NetBSD Toaster.

Saturday was great fun, as Jan Schaumann, John Hickey, and I spent the
day working the booth.  Jan flew from San Francisco for the day to
deliver a talk and help out with the booth.  John not only spent the
whole day at it, but made a mid-day run to grab a USB keyboard and loaf
of bread for the toaster.

Sunday was slightly less entertaining, as I found working the booth all
day without any assistance was kind of a bummer.  No props at all to
the NetBSD developer and his girlfriend who failed to show, after I got
extra passes for them to come.

Big thanks to Jeff Rizzo, who hooked me up with a bunch of the NetBSD
booth paraphernalia (and Jan, who carried it down on the plane!).  Huge
thanks to Jesse Off of Technologic Systems who sent me his NetBSD
Toaster, on something like a week's notice. The Toaster was a total hit.

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net