Subject: SysAdmin mag (and mags in general)
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/20/2006 14:23:35
[Please keep discussion on netbsd-advocacy@]

An article about image based backup tools was recently published in
SysAdmin magazine, which got me a free copy, given that g4u was
prominently mentioned in that article, and that I've helped out a bit with
the article. (For those that don't know, g4u is a NetBSD-based harddisk
image backup tool that I'm trying to maintain, see www.feyrer.de/g4u/).

Looking through the mag, they seem to have a survey on what users would
like to see, and "more BSD" is one of them.

Looking at their website, it seems that esp. NetBSD is *widely*
under-represented: http://www.samag.com/topics/os/bsd/more.htm

Maybe someone out there feels like getting a few bucks for writing an
article for them? If so, see www.samag.com/ed/ for more information.

Upcoming topics listed in the paper issue I have are:
  * Open Sourced (due Oct 2nd 2006)
  * Security (due Nov 1st 2006)
  * Training and Certification (due Nov 1st 2006)
  * Backup and Recovery (due Dec 1st 2006)
  * Clustering (due Jan 2nd 2007)

Any takers? Spread the word!

  - Hubert