Subject: Re: Xen screenshots
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Chris Dukes <pakrat@private.neotoma.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 07/11/2006 06:39:18
On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 12:30:04PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Magnus Eriksson wrote:
> > Hmm, I don't know.  Just taking a quick look, I can't really tell Xen is
> >involved at all.  Yes, of course I know it is, it's just not very obvious.
> >So it would seem a poor choice for something like Wikipedia...
>
> I guess this boils down to the question "how DO you show off Xen"?

You probably need a rigged demo for PHBs.
I mean how did IBM market VM when it first came out?
Ditto for IBM marketing LPARs on the first mainframes with it
and the first RS/6Ks with it.
(Actually, whatever they did for marketing on the LPARable
RS/6Ks back around 2002 is a great idea...  It sold hardware
at an order of magnitude higher price to a bank).
--
Chris Dukes
"The key to effective management is properly timed hovering."