Subject: Re: Wiki shutdown
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: None <antiright@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/13/2006 09:51:10
On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 08:32:46AM +0200, Magnus Eriksson wrote:
> On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, Zafer Aydogan wrote:
>
> >I just wanted to inform you, that the Wiki Service at wiki.onetbsd.org
> >will be shut down in the next couple of weeks, due to inactivity of
> >it's users.
>
>   Would it be a lot of work just keeping it running?  It seems like such a
> shame just to close it down.
>

> >My dream of an evolving database with useful information didn't worked out.
>
>   Maybe I'm missing the point somehow ... but what's the problem?  It's up
> and running, after all.  It's not going to start rusting away, is it?
> MAgnus

I would have to agree.  It seems unnecessarily destructive to just shut it down.
If it is up and running, and not costing you extra money, the status quo is attractive.
It is well designed, and contributions are being made, albeit slowly.
So, my suggestion is that time will make up for the slow contribution rate in
increasing the content quantity.

Regards,
Jeff