Subject: Plans for LinuxWorld Boston Shaping Up
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org, regional-boston@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Asemi <asemisldkfj@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 03/20/2006 22:13:17
Hi all.  Just figured I'd post an update on the plans for LinuxWorld
Expo in Boston.  I received eleven free passes in the mail today from
the folks at iX Systems who are helping with the FreeBSD booth.  So if
anyone doesn't get around to ordering one before they are no longer
free, let me know.

I also ordered some (300) stickers from vgkids.com, and hope to sell
enough to cover the cost of them and donate whatever profit we make to
The NetBSD Foundation.  I used this image for the stickers:
http://asemi.net/NetBSD_small.jpg.

Me and a friend of mine who's coming to Boston for the booth were
talking about having folders or packets or something like that that
contained flyers, articles, documentation, and an install CD all inside.
  The cost of folders is a problem so we also talked about just
paper-clipping the stuff together and maybe buying those thin, windows,
paper CD sleeves in bulk.  I imagine they're pretty cheap somewhere.
Anyone have any better ideas?

I guess that's about all for now.  Haroon (the friend I just mentioned)
has access to a CD duplicator, so he can take care of burning install
CDs, and Tom Miller said he would take care of printing some flyers with
his office printer.  If anyone wants to volunteer to print anything or
whatever else, let us know :).

-Brian