Subject: Re: NetBSD booth at LinuxWorld Boston?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Asemi <asemisldkfj@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/25/2006 03:01:07
Dru wrote:

> For those who have already responded to this thread, I didn't realize I
> wouldn't be cc'd if I'm not subscribed. I'm subscribed now, so I'll see
> the responses.

Yeah, sorry about that.  I wasn't sure if I should respond to just the
list, or you as well.

> All projects are welcome to share the booth and we like to see
> representatives from each project. We did that for last year's OSCON,
> had a great time and impressed attendees (there are still nasty rumours
> out there that the BSD projects are fragmented and don't work with each
> other).

It's good to know there will be a booth available whether or not NetBSD
secures its own.  I'll make sure to request a booth next to the FreeBSD
booth :).

> I try to generate press for each event as well as do writeups afterwards
> at http://blogs.ittoolbox.com/unix/bsd. If a project already has their
> own booth lined up for an event, that is great, and if you let me know
> about it, I will generate press about any BSD-related booth on any
> continent.

I'll make sure to let you know if NetBSD is going to have its own booth.

> For each event, the conference organizers need the list of names of
> those who will help man the booth. Those who are interested in
> Linuxworld Boston, email me with the day(s) you are interested in. You
> don't have to be available each day, but I need to know your name at
> least 2 weeks in advance of the event. I will do similar calls as the
> other events draw near.

Thanks for this info.  If we get a booth for NetBSD, I'm not sure how
easy it's going to be to keep manned at all hours of the expo, so we
might end up having to share.  I'll shoot you an e-mail with hours I
could hang out at the FreeBSD (*BSD?) booth soon if this ends up being
the case.

-Brian