Subject: Re: NetBSD booth at LinuxWorld Boston?
To: <>
From: Brian Asemi <asemisldkfj@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/24/2006 12:30:24
Simon Chang wrote:
> Dru and everyone,
>
> Like Brian I also live in Boston.  Another NetBSD user and I have been
> discussing some details regarding this Conference.
>
> Does anyone know what our next step is, now that we have at least a few people
> interested in making this booth happen?  Because I have off-site training from
> Tuesday to the Friday of that week, at best I can only be there Monday morning
> to help set up.  But I can coordinate logistics and planning during the time
> leading up to that conference, and talk to the right people to make sure that
> things get done when they need to be.
>
> There is a checklist on that conference site that I will take a look at to see
> what needs to get done.  It sounds like we will also need some money.  Does
> anyone know how we can get some official NetBSD funding for this event?
>
> SC

I talked to a woman on the phone about it and she said the minimum size
for a booth is 100 square feet, at 50 dollars per square foot, which is
five thousand dollars...A friend of mine suggested I ask them if they
have booths available for non-profit groups, because a lot of the booths
are for companies like Novell and stuff.

I was told I'd receive an e-mail today with some more details, but
haven't gotten anything yet.  I received a call from them while I was at
work, but couldn't answer the phone and they didn't leave a voicemail.
If I don't get an e-mail in the next day or so I'll call or e-mail them.

I was supposed to receive the e-mail from Christian, whose contact info
is listed here: http://www.linuxworldexpo.com/live/12/exhibitors//products.

I'll let everyone know what's up tomorrow.

-Brian