Subject: NetBSD at the 2006 Southern California Linux Expo
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Kevin Lahey <kml@patheticgeek.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/14/2006 08:42:31
We had another great weekend showing off NetBSD at the 2006 Southern
California Linux Expo (SCALE), just like last year.  We got lots of
good questions, and nearly continuous traffic.

Running the booth proved easier than I imagined -- Jeff Rizzo was
kind enough to ship down his extras from the NetBSD booth at LinuxWorld,
including a beautiful 3'x5' banner, t-shirts, stickers, fliers, and
Jesse Off's NetBSD Toaster, which was an incredible hit.

After a somewhat stressful day running the booth solo on Saturday,
both John Klos (a fellow NetBSD developer) and Shigeya Suzuki (a
WIDE developer) showed up to help out on Sunday.  We fielded questions
ranging from, "What's BSD?" through "How fast is the NetBSD stack?"
and "Why should I do embedded development on NetBSD?"  I even had
one person hand me an ACX-100 wireless card and ask me if it would
work under NetBSD.

Big thanks go to Gareth Greenaway of SCALE, who graciously hooked
me up with extra passes the day before the event, and generally
made everything easy and fun.  He even stopped by the booth to show
off his IBM Workpad running NetBSD.

Woo hoo,

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net