Subject: NetBSD Community Wiki - first month summary
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Zafer Aydogan <zafer.aydogan@googlemail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/06/2006 14:03:41
Hello everybody,

the NetBSD Community Wiki ( http://wiki.onetbsd.org/ ) is online since
January 4th 2006 and has been evolving very well. Brought up to easily
edit and update NetBSD related Documentation, we celebrated today our
ten thousandth visitor, who came from Poland. Congratulations.

In this first month, we managed to set up the wiki and created a
framework. We have already have a few Articles, but to become a
valuable resource for NetBSD Users, we need more Articles. Therefore I
appeal to everyone to share their knowledge with the Wiki.

There is much to do aswell. Actually, articles for specific platforms
are incomplete.
We are missing documentations for almost all platforms and aswell.
There is an appoach to keep a Database for NetBSD supported Hardware.
This is very incomplete aswell. And last but not least there is a new
approach to create a Documentation Handbook called  "The NetBSD
Handbook". Some may see this redudant referring to the NetBSD Guide,
but the Handbook should be a new Ressource written from scratch and
not based on the Guide.

Basically, I had the Idea of providing the wiki mutlilingual, but the
french and japanese Wiki were too inactive, wherefore I removed them
for now.

I would like to thank everybody, who contributed to wiki.

Kind Regards,  Zafer Aydogan.

The NetBSD Community wiki is reachable via
http://wiki.onetbsd.org/