Subject: Re: Network data transfer speed (was: [fwd: NetBSD Live CD])
To: Ignatios Souvatzis <is@netbsd.org>
From: Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@NetBSD.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/31/2006 10:17:10
--tKh+x8PS77aidDsl

Dan Langille has pointed out that I'm talking about this in the
-advocacy group, which doesn't seem appropriate.  Could you please
redirect to a better group (and copy me in case I'm not on it)?

On Monday, 30 January 2006 at 13:24:47 +0100, Ignatios Souvatzis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 04:16:57PM +1030, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:
>
>> Are you referring to a specific paper?  Van's slides were very clearly
>> aimed at the Linux 2.6 kernel.  It's very possible that they're based
>> on something older, of course.
>
> Jacobson, V. 1992, "  Design Changes to the Kernel Network Architecture
> for 4.4BSD, 4.4BSD Class, Berkeley, Calif., May 1992.
>
> Possibly available as
>
> 	ftp://ftp.ee.lbl.gov/talks/vj-nkarch.ps.Z
> 	http://www.alkyltechnology.com/nbsd/vanjacobson1992.pdf

The former appears to be corrupt (at page 3), and the latter one is a
404.  From what little I see, it's not the same thing.

Van has now sent me the slides with the request to put them up, so
take a look at http://www.lemis.com/grog/Documentation/vj/

Greg

--tKh+x8PS77aidDsl

--tKh+x8PS77aidDsl--