Subject: Re: Site Redesign
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Jennifer Davis <sigje@sigje.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/28/2005 15:42:26
> The redesign:
> I can't put a finger on it, but there is something about the grey side
> bars that I don't like.  It feels a little like WindowMaker somehow.

It feels like the grey bits are too much the current fad.. gunmetal
grey, or silver.. well actually it was the fad.  Those kind of sites are
fading out now though.. but for example www.vormetric.com - site redesign
that incorporates that grey type motif.  Why green as the color to show
that you are on that particular page?  Not very clear for some people with
color issues.

Ideally rather than having all the stuff hitting you when you first browse
to www.netbsd.org requiring you to scroll down, making everything easily
found in one page worth of text.  I know.. I know. lots to fit into one
page.

Shrink the logo so that it's standard size.. it's using a bunch of real
estate that could be better used elsewhere.  (I know it's the same size as
on the current site).  Languages and Platforms could shrink into a scroll
window that people could pick from.