Subject: Re: $100 laptops' OS?
To: Mike Cheponis <mac@Wireless.Com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/15/2005 21:23:44
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Mike Cheponis wrote:
> I see that "somebody" has chosen Dead Cat leenooks to run on the $100 AMD 3rd
> world laptop.
>
> What's involved in getting them to switch to a More Appropriate Choice of OS?

Write them mail:

Tell them that the NetBSD project is offering them exclusive *free*
perpetual licenses including updates. As they should be know we're an Open
Source operating system, and we're not attached to any money
bag^W^Wcompany that may change their mind tomorrow.

NetBSD - the better choice. Seriously!

As a way to start, getting specs or even development samples to some of
our developers would be a very good start.

  - Hubert