Subject: Re: Website design proposal
To: NetBSD Advocacy <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Holger Weiss <lists@jhweiss.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/30/2005 15:36:19
* Eric Benoit <eric@oddity.ca> [2005-10-30 01:25]:
> Liam J. Foy wrote:
> >Yeah,  me too. I'd love to see a process of it becoming NetBSD.org.
> >However, I think we need Jacak to show us an actual working design
> >we can view in our browsers. /me pokes Jacak.
>
> Here's my attempt at recreating it:
>
> http://www.oddity.ca/~eric/netbsd/

Nice! :-)

> Please watch for falling CSS, XHTML, PNG images and goodness knows what
> else.

Using Opera, the orange sidebars are vertically centered instead of
sticking to the top:

ftp://ftp.in-berlin.de/pub/users/weiss/tmp/img/nbnew-opera.gif

Apart from that, two minor peanuts I'm unsure about:

- Since the paragraph at the top is justified while the text below is
  left-aligned, I'd say there should be a little more visual distinction
  between the paragraphs, maybe by using different fonts or font sizes,
  some background, or whatever.  As it is now, the different
  justification seems a bit strange to me, as if it wasn't intended.

- Also, I'm still not convinced the gray bar should go above the orange
  side bars on the right side.  But I'm really bad at design questions,
  so if everyone else likes it ... ;-)

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE