Subject: Re: Website design proposal
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: Rich Neswold <rich.neswold@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/20/2005 12:24:38
On 10/20/05, John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca> wrote:
>  To a new visitor that isn't a native speaker of English, this could be t=
he
> single most important thing.  It really should be right up front.

I've only created web sites for friends and family to use (plus, I
hardly remember any French from high school) so I haven't dealt with
multi-language issues. But it seems to me that (apache anyways) is set
up to serve the correct translation based on your browser's
preferences.

I agree with Mr. Sampson that taking up screen space to indicate all
the available translations is wasteful. English speakers and
non-English speakers should have their browsers set up to
automatically select the correct translation and, as a backup, a
drop-down should allow the visitor to pick another language.

--
Rich

AIM : rnezzy
ICQ : 174908475