Subject: Re: Website design proposal
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/17/2005 11:41:52
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 09:19:20 -0400
Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org> wrote:

> Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu> wrote:
>
> >  * Someone else should do the same wit the Penguin logo, *IF* we really
> >    want to have a penguin on our front page! (there should be a daemon
> >    somewhere, either way!)
>
> I don't want to have a penguin on the home page.  This will just lead to
> more confusion and make users believe that NetBSD is a Linux ``distro''
> (*shudder*).

Enough of my friends are confusing it with Linux already all the time,
despite me explaining why they're different, so I concur.
Binary compatibility included in the features list seems enough to me

Matt

--
Note: Please only reply on the list, other mail is blocked by default.
Private messages from your address can be allowed by first asking.