Subject: Re: Website design proposal
To: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
From: Liam J. Foy <liamfoy@sepulcrum.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/17/2005 12:47:42
On 13:03, Mon 17 Oct 05, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 11:30:59AM +0000, Liam J. Foy wrote:
> > We could do what FreeBSD did. They put their old website in
> > freebsd.org/old and keep it synced with the new page somehow.
>
> Are they going to keep it synced?  Or is it just for nostalgy / comparison
> that they're keeping [the current state of] their old website?
>
> 	Geert

No, I believe they're going to keep it updated. If we done this,
there isn't really that much to keep it synced. If you notice
freebsd.org, the mailing list interface, handbook etc is all the
same. We would only need to keep the old style home page uptodate
with news etc. I mean, how often does the front page on NetBSD.org
change except for news?

From what I see, keeping two homepages in sync wouldn't require that
much work. However, then the question arises to whether we want to
run to different homepages =)?

--
		Liam J. Foy
		liamfoy@sepulcrum.org