Subject: Re: Website design proposal
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu>
From: Mike M. Volokhov <mishka@apk.od.ua>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/17/2005 10:42:21
Hello!

On Mon, 17 Oct 2005 05:23:24 +0200 (CEST)
Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@cs.stevens.edu> wrote:

> >> http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~jkutzman/netbsd/site/1122a.gif
>
> I like that a lot!

Perhaps the NetBSD logo at the top-left page corner should be shown as
stylized image. Please take a look to Psi Web/Wiki-site:

	http://psi-im.org/			- original logo (top-right)
	http://psi-im.org/wiki/Main_Page	- stylized one (top-left)

And I'd prefer Languages bar seen as on previous design, not just links
to few (but not all) of them.

[snip]
>   * Someone else should do the same wit the Penguin logo, *IF* we really
>     want to have a penguin on our front page! (there should be a daemon
>     somewhere, either way!)

Heh, why not promote NetBSD via L*nux popularity? ;-)

--
Mishka.

P.S. I'd vote for previous desing. Good work, Jacek!
	(http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~jkutzman/netbsd/netbsdsite.gif)

P.P.S. I see no problems to render this site with [almost] the same
look and feel without CSS and using tiny browsers like links.