Subject: Re: Website design proposal
To: NetBSD Advocacy <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Holger Weiss <lists@jhweiss.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/17/2005 02:05:59
* Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net> [2005-10-16 18:17]:
> Jacek Kutzmann <jacek@gdansk.int.pl> wrote:
> > Note that it is still only a gif. You can see it at
> > http://manta.univ.gda.pl/~jkutzman/netbsd/site/1122.gif
>
> BTW, would this adapt properly to lower resolutions such as 800 and 640
> pixels width?  The later is still used by most recent pocket PCs, for
> instance...

Making the design as "shrinkable" as possible is also good for higher
resolutions if you don't use the full screen width for the browser
window (which I normally don't).  With regard to this, the current
homepage is very good and e.g. the new FreeBSD.org design really bad.

That said, I like the proposal(s).  (For the second one, I think I'd
slightly prefer if the gray bar didn't flow above the orange fields on
the right side, though.)

Holger

--
PGP fingerprint:  F1F0 9071 8084 A426 DD59  9839 59D3 F3A1 B8B5 D3DE