Subject: Re: NetBSD Logo on my Credit Card
To: wrzymski <wrzymski@gmail.com>
From: Gavan Fantom <gavan@coolfactor.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/10/2005 12:14:59
wrzymski wrote:
> 2005/10/9, Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>:
>
>>Zafer Aydogan wrote:
>>It's not quite NetBSD related, but I'm not sure. Maybe others have
>>opinions on this.
>>
>>mvg,
>>Wouter
>

> What's the difference between printing logo on someone Credit Card,
> T-Shirt, or putting sticker with NetBSD image on Notebook ?
>
> "Non-commercial and personal use of the images is permitted, provided
> that it remains unmodified."

It's not really non-commercial though, is it?

I would imagine that in fact you are required to give the credid card
company permission to use the image you give to them to put on the
credit card. And creating a credit card with an image on it seems to me
very much like commercial use.

Don't forget that the card is made by the credit card company and is
issued to you in order to make money for the credit card company. The
card typically remains the property of the credit card company.

--
Gillette - the best a man can forget