Subject: Re: NetBSD Logo on my Credit Card
To: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
From: Geert Hendrickx <ghen@telenet.be>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/10/2005 09:50:40
On Sun, Oct 09, 2005 at 04:16:26PM +0200, Wouter Schoot wrote:
> The following use of The NetBSD Logo is not acceptable, and no license is
> granted for such use:
>
>     * Use is unrelated to The NetBSD Foundation, to The NetBSD Project,
>     or to the NetBSD operating system, * The logo is used in a
>     detrimental way for The NetBSD Foundation.
>
> It's not quite NetBSD related, but I'm not sure. Maybe others have
> opinions on this.

I think you misinterpret "unrelated".  The bank card is in the same
category as T-shirts, coffee mugs, etc: they're completely unrelated to
computers in se, but the logo is used to represent (and advocate) NetBSD,
so that's ok.

I think "unrelated use" means that you cannot use the NetBSD logo to
represent something else than NetBSD (or nothing at all).

	Geert