Subject: Re: NetBSD Logo on my Credit Card
To: Zafer Aydogan <zafer@gmx.org>
From: Wouter Schoot <wouter@schoot.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 10/09/2005 16:16:26
Zafer Aydogan wrote:
> my Bank offers me the possibility to have my Credit Card with a Motif of my
> own choice. I thought about using the NetBSD Flag. Is it allowed in terms of

That's fun!

> Licensing to use the NetBSD Flag on the CC or can I use the old Picture with
> the little Demons holding the Flag ?

http://www.netbsd.org/Misc/disclaimer.html#logo-usage

  Non-commercial use.   The NetBSD Project hereby licenses The NetBSD
Logo for non-commercial products and non-commercial web sites.
Acceptable non-commercial use of The NetBSD Logo includes:

     * As a logo to identify NetBSD-related web pages, e.g. if licensee
is a NetBSD user or NetBSD supporter,
     * As a logo to identify NetBSD-related content in presentations
given at conferences.

The following use of The NetBSD Logo is not acceptable, and no license
is granted for such use:

     * Use is unrelated to The NetBSD Foundation, to The NetBSD Project,
or to the NetBSD operating system,
     * The logo is used in a detrimental way for The NetBSD Foundation.

It's not quite NetBSD related, but I'm not sure. Maybe others have
opinions on this.

mvg,

Wouter

--
Er was eens een boer. Hij had 3 koeien, 2 witte en 1 witte.
Maar dat gaf niet, want de koe gaf ook niet.  De boer vond een