Subject: Re: Eric Raymond talks about GPL and BSD licenses
To: Jim Wise <jwise@draga.com>
From: Bruno <nc41530a@vizzavi.pt>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 06/11/2005 22:30:04
Jim Wise wrote:

>>I'm with Hubert on this one.  Let's look at Tom's complaints:
>>
>>a.) he doesn't like the book(s) Eric wrote.  Where is the book Tom wrote
>>so we can compare?
>>
>>b.) he doesn't like the code Eric wrote.  Which of Tom's software
>>products is half as widely used as fetchmail?
>>
>>c.) he doesn't like Eric's personality or politics (it's not clear
>>which).  Let's just admit that this is the actual germ of Tom's
>>complaint -- but Tom's inability to differentiate Eric's private life
>>from his code or his writings surely tells us much more about Tom than
>>it does Eric, no?
>>
>>In any case, it's clear that, as Hubert said, Tom's objections are below
>>the level of this mailing list.  Let's try to get back on topic, ok?

And let's not forget that people grow up. And during the maturity
process people can express themselves.
They have the right to change their mind even if they expressed their
former opinion publicly.

I for one, liked his comments about the BSD license, he synthetized very
well a perspective that I also share.
Or else I wouldn't have started this thread.

Bruno