Subject: Re: Eric Raymond talks about GPL and BSD licenses
To: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 06/08/2005 14:25:13
On 6/8/05, Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org> wrote:
>=20
> On 8-Jun-05, at 1:28 PM, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> > Ok, let's pretend I'm dense here and not aware of any previous
> > conversations about this.
> >
> > Is the duck in this case ESR?
>=20
> No, NetBSD is 'duck-like' and 'esr' is the guy with the gun, wearing
> brand-new camoflage that he bought at Walmart, telling everyone he's
> a great hunter.
>=20
> Something like that.

There's always a little more to your responses than what's just on the
surface, it seems. Or maybe I read into the words too much.

Hmm.=20

I'm not sure if that makes him a duck hunter or a NetBSD hunter, then.

Maybe I'm out of line here, but I can't tell if your disagreements
with him are NetBSD related or politically related. Or both. I'm only
interested in the NetBSD part.

I can stop at any time, and I probably should.

Andy