Subject: Re: Eric Raymond talks about GPL and BSD licenses
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Michael W. Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 06/08/2005 12:34:43
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 09:27:41AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> On 6/8/05, Michael W. Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > That's a little strong, don't you think?
> >
> > Indeed.  The last thing we want is for ESR to say "I've seen the light
> > about the BSD license, but you know, those NetBSD guys are real
> > dorks."  (I'm a certified dork, and trust me, you don't want to be
> > one.  :-)
>
> Wait a minute, what does that make me if I buy your books, then??

Someone who learns information without having to acquire the dorkiness
needed to pull it out of the system by hand.  :-P

>And
> when is that NetBSD book going to hit?? :)

The publisher has a couple other books he wants first.  :-/   (I'm not
vastly displeased because at least he wants more stuff, but it would
be *very* nice to finish the trilogy and be done with it.)

> I hope he does comment on it, I'll be watching for it. I know the guy
> has written some pretty thought provoking stuff, but I don't have any
> opinion of him other than that. I know he's well known, and words like
> this coming from well known people is usually (note I didn't say
> always) a good thing.
>
> I tend to be highly suspect of news sources in any form, so I'd really
> like to see something corroborating this. A comment about it from ESR
> himself would be the best for this.

I suspect we'll see more.

--
Michael W. Lucas	mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org

"The cloak of anonymity protects me from the nuisance of caring." -Non Sequitur