Subject: Re: Eric Raymond talks about GPL and BSD licenses
To: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
From: Michael W. Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 06/08/2005 10:15:42
On Wed, Jun 08, 2005 at 06:58:17AM -0700, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> On 6/8/05, Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org> wrote:
> > My dream that a fatal illness take him from us never seems to come true.
>
> That's a little strong, don't you think?

Indeed.  The last thing we want is for ESR to say "I've seen the light
about the BSD license, but you know, those NetBSD guys are real
dorks."  (I'm a certified dork, and trust me, you don't want to be
one.  :-)

> Like I said, if he really said that (and I can't find any evidence of
> it other than this article, but I'm not an ESR follower or anything),
> then this is great.

I suspect that if he is misquoted, he'll be sure to say so.  This has
caused a fair amount of "stir" in the BSD world, and I'm sure someone
has brought it to his attention.  He is not one to remain quiet of
misquoted.

==ml

--
Michael W. Lucas	mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org

"The cloak of anonymity protects me from the nuisance of caring." -Non Sequitur