Subject: Re: [dank@kegel.com: Quote of the day: "matrix of pain"]
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Julian Coleman <jdc@coris.org.uk>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/18/2005 14:30:07
> "matrix of pain" seems quite apropos.  aren't all of NetBSD's platforms
> cross-buildable, excepting 32-to-64 and vice-versa?

If I remember correctly, there were some problems with an older version
of gcc, that prevented some 32 bit architectures from being compiled on
64 bit machines.

Currently, you should be able to compile any platform on any other -
although I can't imagine people compiling (say) i386 on vax.  You should
also be able to compile NetBSD on other OS's (e.g. FreeBSD or Linux).

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/