Subject: Re: 4-Clause license question
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 05/15/2005 19:15:40
On Sat, 14 May 2005 20:34:40 -0700
"Tom Nakamura" <imifumei@imap.cc> wrote:

> the NetBSD foundation code? (after all, the only difference between CD
> distribution and selling such a device is that the device would store
> the binary on a flash disk or something). And does it require the other
> 75 advertisement sentences included with NetBSD be reproduced as well?

Unless you also distribute the source (which already contains those
clauses), I believe so, those need to be supplied either in the
documentation, accessible through the application, or included in a file
with the distribution...  Thing with the 4 clauses license is that
unless the author specifically agrees to drop the advertizement clause,
it has to remain; we can't just drop those to legally distribute their
code.

Matt

--
Note: Please only reply on the list since other mail is blocked by default.
Private messages from your address can be allowed by first asking, however.