Subject: Re: new xmms NetBSD skin
To: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
From: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/25/2005 18:51:09
Um...

The skin is okay, I guess, if you like the NetBSD logo (I don't; (^&).

But I don't care for the color scheme, etc.  I think that the XMMS
*default* should remain the *default* that XMMS ships with.

These skins look like they try to fit in with some particular
window manager scheme, which is why they fail (in my eyes).  The
XMMS default instead looks like an audio system component---so it
doesn't matter if it fits in with your window manager.

A default, IMHO, should be window manager independant.  So unless
NetBSD is going to start forcing a window manager down our throats...
(Well, twm gets bundled with XFree86, of course.  The new skins don't
really fit twm at all.  (^&)

That said, I think that packaging it for those who want it sounds
like a good idea...