Subject: Re: NetBSD 2 vs the rest with MySQL
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mm_lists@pulsar-zone.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 04/03/2005 12:58:40
On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 10:51:47 +0200
"Geert Hendrickx" <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be> wrote:

> > > I would definitely suggest to the author of the article to increase
> > > PTHREAD_CONCURRENCY for his tests and run them again.
> >
> > Yeah, I dropped him a note. I'm curious how well it will perform
> > (if stable). I'm glad to see that we kick ass in the single-CPU
> > case.
>
> Have these benchmarks be re-run yet?  The author promised to do so, and
> post the results, but I haven't heard anything about it anymore.  Which
> is a pity.

Chuck Silvers worked on the case and posted updates on
tech-kern@netbsd.org mailing list from time to time, maybe look through
its archives under topics:

"more on mysql benchmarks"
"direct I/O"

As for the site, I don't think any new mesurements were publically
posted yet

Matt

--
Note: Please only reply on the list since other mail is blocked by default.
Private messages from your address can be allowed by first asking, however.