Subject: Re: Running Mathematica under NetBSD
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/28/2005 11:21:43
--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ

Geert Hendrickx <geert.hendrickx@ua.ac.be> wrote:
=20
> I haven't ran any of these programs on NetBSD (yet), but I have on FreeBS=
D.
> Recent versions of Maple (the ones with the Java UI) gave me a lot of
> trouble though, being VERY unstable with Linux JDK, but fairly stable with
> native JDK.  Did you have similar experiences on NetBSD?

Not that I can recall.  I'm not a real user of maple, just a lowly
sysadmin, so after installing it I just ran a couple of the test
cases and a few of the worksheets of the users who had reported problems
with an older version.

So far I haven't gotten any complaints, so I assume it's running well
enough.

This is on NetBSD/i386 2.0 with Sun's JDK 1.4.2 under Linux emulation.
I also have the native JDK installed, but haven't made it the default
yet.

-Jan

--=20
"The last time anybody made a list of the top hundred character
attributes of New Yorkers, common sense snuck in at number 79."

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ

--SkvwRMAIpAhPCcCJ--