Subject: Re: [lo] Re: Flag logo CPU badges?
To: Alexander Chamandy <bsdfreak@gmail.com>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/13/2005 16:54:43
On Sun, 13 Feb 2005, Alexander Chamandy wrote:
> *Non-commercial and personal use of the
> image is permitted, provided that it remains unmodified.*
>
> How was BSDFreak's usage commercial?  We were donating *ALL* funds

Oh, I see. I can go sell copies of Windows, as long as I intend to
donate all funds to Microsoft, hmm?

(Yes, I know that's not the way their license works - this is sarcasm)

Making something available for sale implies commerce.

Q: How is TNF supposed to tell the difference between someone who intends
to donate revenue, and someone who *claims* to intend to donate revenue
- assuming neither has made contact to coordinate delivery of the
donations?

A: They can't. You can't prove someone's intentions, so, unless you have
written permission in advance, of course you'll be told to stop.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods