Subject: Re: CDDL (was Re: Star & NetBSD)
To: None <timh@tjhawkins.com>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/11/2005 10:37:42
On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 timh@tjhawkins.com wrote:
> CDDL cannot be converted into BSD, therefore it is not compatible both ways.
> BSD code can be included with the CDDL though. So, it's a very big plus.

Of BSD? Sure. Of CDDL? Huh?

I'd very much like to be able to include CDDL source into NetBSD, but as
it stands, I just don't see how this should happen. So far the only
arguments claiming this is possible seem to ignore the implications a
possible inclusion of CDDL code into (Net)BSD has, and which I think are
not acceptable to NetBSD. Unfortunately.

Fingerpointing at some FAQ that claims something while the license is in
rather clear contradiction won't solve this.

  - Hubert

--
NetBSD - Free AND Open!      (And of course secure, portable, yadda yadda)