Subject: Re: NetBSD 2 vs the rest with MySQL
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 02/09/2005 15:16:15
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:58:33 +0100, Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org> wrote:
> The I/O problem is a whole different matter, I don't know what's going
> on there.

Not sure if this is related...

I work on a database product and the forcedirectio option on Solaris
is very well known by us to improve performance.

The writeup sort of shows a parallel between Solaris 10 and NetBSD in
performance with the large row... That is until they set forcedirectio
on Solaris.

Maybe this is more specifically a filesystem problem, not a general I/O problem?

Might be interesting to see this done again with various different
parameters on the filesystem, or just a different filesystem.

Andy