Subject: Re: Licensing: CDDL vs. GPL vs. BSD
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: None <timh@tjhawkins.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/25/2005 19:37:52
To my understanding,  CDDL'd code cannot be included in BSD or GPL'd
Software. GPL'd Software cannot be included in CDDL'd software.

However, you can include BSD'd code in CDDL'd software.

Sun choose a license that they think will less likely fork, but with a
little more corporate freedom than the GPL gives (IMHO)

Thanks,
Tim Hawkins