Subject: Re: We have an image problem...
To: Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com>
From: Andy Ruhl <acruhl@gmail.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/10/2005 21:35:47
On Sat, 8 Jan 2005 12:56:43 -0500, Eric d'Alibut <eric.halibut@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 16:10:42 -0800 (PST), Jeremy C. Reed
> <reed@reedmedia.net> wrote:
>
> > On Sat, 8 Jan 2005, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>
> > > Heh, why the magazine? Don't shoot the messanger. :-)
>
> With this interview of Linus, _Linux Magazine_ has ceded any and all
> claims it might have had to the role of "just the messenger." They
> have donned the costume of "sychophantic bum-kisser," and should be
> called to account for it.
>
> And, Jeremy is the perfect guy to do it, because he will be polite
> where I am, er..ah...um colorful, shall we say?.

Sort of a new subject in this thread...

Would it be too offensive to produce a "Migrating from <fill in the
blank> to NetBSD" type of document? I still run a FreeBSD server, and
I'm honestly not sure if I want to upgrade it to 5.x based on what I
see so far. I'd probably be happier with NetBSD 2.0 for
maintainability's sake. The only reason my server is still FreeBSD is
because that was the first BSD I learned after I moved it off of
Linux. I may be able to help out with a project like this if the <fill
in the blank> part was FreeBSD.

I'm not sure if that is a good idea or not, it can be taken as not too
polite depending on who you ask... Just floating it.

Andy