Subject: Re: We have an image problem...
To: Alexander Chamandy <bsdfreak@gmail.com>
From: None <timh@tjhawkins.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 01/07/2005 13:29:08
I think it's all just political. I'm sure if the BSDs carried the GPL
license that all the linux-loving people that would argue to their grave
would agree.

deep down inside, does it really matter what those people think? They are a
small vocal minority. concentration on the technology of the product and
it's performance is what people care about.
Let's not forget why linux is so popular--it had corporate backing and
funding back in the day (the FSF used to be against corp. involvement to my
understanding). it is popular because it's supported and has a lot of
drivers. nothing more in my opinion. I'm certain if NetBSD had that much
support it would probably be a major contender.

I use em all, linux, freebsd, netbsd, etc..