Subject: Re: NetBSD momentum
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Aiko Barz <aiko@chroot.de>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/21/2004 12:17:28
--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 06:46:45PM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> OK, can you run benchmarks on these sites?
> The FeFe benchmarks are a bit dates, but may be a possible starting point.
> Let us know when you have some numbers/pictures!

btw. fefe: I'm coming from the Linux-world and I've finally chosen
NetBSD because of those words:
http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/#netbsd2
But it wasn't the performance issue. You can read there, that NetBSD
must have an excellent crew, who know how to do the job!

I followed FreeBSD- and NetBSD-mailinglists and I must say that
FreeBSD people often blamed each other. Of course, Matt Dillon left
the project to create Dragonfly. NetBSD profits from that fact.
According to Dillon's words, FreeBSD-current (Now stable) has a
very bad design. (Donnow...)

If you want to get some of their users, don't forget to mention, that
there wasn't a NetBSD-1.7, which didn't get STABLE, because it crashed=20
to often. ;)

Aiko

PS.: FreeBSD has at least one big advantage: They've got that cool
daemon. ;)
--=20
Aiko Barz
aiko@chroot.de