Subject: Re: NetBSD momentum
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Bruno <nc41530a@vizzavi.pt>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/21/2004 01:24:37
Ignatios Souvatzis <is <at> netbsd.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 05:16:27PM +0000, Bruno wrote:
> > I'd like to see your comments when you have the time. Can you point
> > these benchmarks?
>
> http://2004.eurobsdcon.org/uploads/media/EBSD04_28.pdf
>
> e.g. look at page 4 (picture from FeFe benchmarks). The URL of the
> FeFe benchmarks is in the paper's bibliography.
>
> Also, http://netbsd.org/Changes/#internet2-landspeed2 shows that NetBSD
> can be used for impressive network throughput. Details linked from within.
>
> Regards,
> 	-is

We need "NetBSD 2.0 vs FreeBSD 5.3" benchmarks.
Someone should redo that same benchmark, since it became so visible.

And the last measurement was made Nov 1st 2003:
http://bulk.fefe.de/scalability/#netbsd2

Other users feedback:
http://www.freebsdforums.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26446

Bruno