Subject: Good public relations type developer for netbsd in CA ?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Horn <ahorn@deorth.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 12/07/2004 10:27:05
Hi,

Sorry for the short notice on this one, I'm hoping theres someone out
there that can help.

I'm forwarding this message on behalf of BayLISA (www.baylisa.org). They (we)
are looking for a speaker for our december meeting (Thursday December 16th
2004), details below forwarded more or less verbatim from the baylisa
board member :

Every December BayLISA has a "Short but Cool" theme.  Since FreeBSD 5.3
and Fedora Core 3 and solaris 10 just came out I thought it might be
interesting to get some people out to discuss new features.  So far I've
only confirmed for FreeBSD and Solaris.  I figured that NetBSD must have
some interesting stuff to talk about as well :) Each talk is from 5-15
minutes long for the December meeting.  We get about 50-80 people at the
meetings depending on the topic (generally December is pretty popular),
and after the meeting a subset of the group go over to BJs for snacks and
a pint and continued discussion.

Hopefully someone out there would want to help out and has some experience at
talking about netbsd to such environments.

Cheers,

Al