Subject: Re: Topic suggestions related to NetBSD for a doctoral thesis?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/28/2004 22:23:56
--ylS2wUBXLOxYXZFQ

Christian Hattemer <c.hattemer@arcor.de> wrote:
=20
> I'm currently evaluating if I'd do a Ph.D.. So I'm looking for a topic. A=
ny
> ideas for something NetBSD related? I see UVM is already done, so are the=
re
> other ideas? I didn't get around to do much hacking until now, so I don't
> have a favourite area. I would consider pretty much anything.

One of the problems with this topic is that for any research that would
be really useful to have in tree, it might not necessarily be suitable
to a PhD research thesis.  For example, I'd love to see ACLs in tree,
but I doubt that many institutions would say that the implementation
would qualify for a PhD.  You'd have to come up with a research topic
that's Not Yet Implemented, I guess.

-Jan

--=20
I always said there was something fundamentally wrong with the universe.

--ylS2wUBXLOxYXZFQ

--ylS2wUBXLOxYXZFQ--