Subject: 2.0 RC5 works great !!
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Asmodehn <asmodehn@9online.fr>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/21/2004 23:06:45
Just a message to thanks all developpers for this RC5, and inform the
users :

I've been looking around for a long time to find a *BSD or Linux distrib
which can handle my old Compaq Presario 1600 with his odd hardware ^^

And the 2.0 - RC5 is the first release with an APM fully working on my
laptop (without needing acpi) !

The Umass driver is also working great on this RC with scsibus , and I
hope this will stay until the final release ^^ .

Also on 2.0 many things have been improved, especially fdisk which is
really easy to use now.

I'm really happy and want to congratulate netbsd developers for all the
work done... NetBSD rocks !

There is only one thing to fix on my laptop : the 30 lines console...
for the moment, booting the kernel means reboot :(...
After that my OS will be perfect !

Anyway, Thank You !

--
Asmodehn