Subject: Re: NetBSD Live CD runs ACM Programming Contest
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/18/2004 09:21:00
--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM

Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Nov 2004, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> >Yummy! Is that CD/ISO available somewhere?
>=20
> Doh, I found it in the mean time.
> Will it run w/o the PC2 server?

Yes, one of the two images linked to will.  The first one is a
test-image that we distributed to students willing to practice under
contest conditions.  This CD can start a local pc2 server to simulate a
running contest.

The other CD looks for dhcp information, tries to nfs mount /home and
ypbind, but otherwise it would work as well -- only, you don't have any
user passwords for that CD. ;-)

(I'll update the website with more information some time today.)

-Jan

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD!		http://www.netbsd.org

--cWoXeonUoKmBZSoM