Subject: Re: What is supposedly wrong with the NetBSD web design ?
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org, netbsd@sopwith.solgatos.com>
From: Ian Zagorskih <ianzag@megasignal.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/09/2004 12:35:12
On Saturday 06 November 2004 16:58, Dieter wrote:
> I see a lot of blathering about changing the NetBSD web site.
> Why?  What is it that needs to be changed?  I think it works
> pretty well the way it is.  Usable with pretty much any
> browser.  Loads fast.  Looks decent.  Navigation is fairly
> straightforward.

I would change only one thins - remove explicit font hinting from HTML code:

---cut---
      Welcome to The NetBSD Project
---cut---

Don't know as for others, but for me Helvetica without anti-aliasing looks
really ugly in comparison to TTF Arial or Verdana fonts.

ps: Sure i could hack my local settings like adding Helvetica->Verdana
substitution and so on, but i'm booring doing this. And IMHO netbsd.org could
be viewed without any problems with "default" font as user told.

// wbr