Subject: Re: NetBSD web design
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@netbsd.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pavel.cahyna@st.cuni.cz>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/08/2004 10:51:56
On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 21:53:11 +0000, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Nov 3, 2004, at 6:52 PM, Ben Collver wrote:
>
>> Another interesting design can be found at:
>> http://www.cs.stevens.edu/~zcrisler/netbsd/
>
> I like it!  (I might make some tweaks to it, but it has a fresh look...)

I think the current website looks better (except for the colors which are
inconsistent with the orange logo), because the two columns with links are
arranged symetrically around a wide central text, while this design has
them both at right, braking symmetry.

A bit off-topic, but what would really like to have somewhere at
www.netbsd.org is a list of pointer to "unofficial" patches and drivers
which are not yet integrated (and maybe never will) but may be useful,
something like http://www.kernelnewbies.org/patches/. I am sure there is a
lot of such patches - for example the Intel Centrino driver, the port of
FireWire driver from FreeBSD, the USB "reserve memory" patch, patches for
Tx power control for wireless interfaces, etc.

Bye	Pavel