Subject: Re: Just saw the new logo
To: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
From: Tomasz Marciniak <tmarc@felix.fizyka.amu.edu.pl>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/01/2004 09:02:43
On Monday,  1 November 2004 at  0:52:10 -0500, David Maxwell wrote:
> > The new NetBSD logo does not scale well,
> > just look at web page footers.
>
> They don't look bad to me.

There's a web page called osnews.com. They use small versions of logos
on sides of their news. Please have a look and compare the effect: logos
of Apple, SUN, IBM or MS do look good in this size, while new NetBSD
logo looses it's clean shape. It's because of serif font which is too
delicate, and its thin elements dissapear or are blur. I'd rather say
it's design fault than a media fault.

> Of the people commenting on this thread - how many of you submitted
> entries for consideration?

I thought that there will be enough good entries.

--
Tomasz Marciniak