Subject: Re: Just saw the new logo...
To: None <netbsd-advocacy@NetBSD.org>
From: Christian von Kleist <cvk@zybx.com>
List: netbsd-advocacy
Date: 11/01/2004 00:51:05
      Like everyone else, I'm a little disappointed!  I was hoping for
so much more!  Maybe my expectations were just too high.  (Or maybe I'm
underimpressed because so many other companies use flags in their logos.)

      To me this new logo just doesn't say "NetBSD," except in the
literal sense.  I understand the similarity between the new orange
banner and the old flag that the daemons held over the pile of
computers, but the association only occurred to me after a lot of
consideration.  I would like to hear the designer's viewpoint on his
motivation for the design.

      In any event, this makes me wish the judges had picked from the
top-five most popular logo designs as determined by the users, or some
similar system.  I don't think a lot of users would have nominated the flag.

      Do you think we're stuck with it?

--
c v k @ z y b x . c o m